TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC: Football Result

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon Jun 24 09:57:58 EDT 1996

>On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Andrew A. Apold wrote:
>
>Well, I haven't seen the Czechs play, but judging by the way Germany
>played on Sunday I would certainly not be surprised by an England win on
>Wednesday, particularly if Klinsmann isn't fit to play, and if Ince is
>back in the side. And if England go through on Wednesday, then anything's
>possible next Sunday with the Wembley crowd behind them!

They play real ugly.  They have 4 or 5 of their starting lineup missing the
next game (vs. France) from yellow cards, so they probably don't stand
a prayer, but will try to drag things down to a crawl if they can  help it.

Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Guildmaster of Reeves                          of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)