HW: Brixton, Brentwood and onwards

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jun 24 15:07:18 EDT 1996

Andy Gilham writes:

> I was probably the only person at the gig Friday who hadn't heard much Ozrics
> before!  I thought they were basically a good old-fashioned freakout band
> with a few techno tricks up their sleeve - and a lot tighter than most
> freakout bands used to be! - but I was a bit too knackered after HW to really
> enjoy them (though not as knackered as a certain friend of Fernando Poo, who
> seemed to sleep through most of their set :).

I was enjoying it up until I fell asleep. I guess it was a combination
of travelling, lack of sleep the night before, ten pints of beer, and
quite possibly something I ate ;-)

Best snooze I had in the whole weekend actually.

Peeve: The floor at Brixton is made of some material which has been
designed to absorb archaeological layers of beer and then deposit it on
your jeans. Guess who didn't pack a spare pair of jeans...

> - Andy

FoFP