HW mentioned mostly off: Ozrics at Brixton

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Mon Jun 24 10:11:41 EDT 1996

Jon wrote of the Ozrics:

> Well, I guess I must just be prejudiced after spending so many nights
> waiting to go onstage while they did a two-hour version of the OM riff!
> (A Gong Cover - I might add) It's just that every time, I wandered over
> to see them at some festival or rather, they were *always* playing the
> OM riff - interminably, for years and years. So after a while I stopped
> listening.

Yeah, but then they used to have people who'd just turn up and play
so it was surely safest to stick to something everyone knew :-) Also
which of them was ever power-hungry enough to take charge? Say what you
will about Brocky, that man sure can take charge.

> talent. I mean sure Ed is a good guitarist, good as Huw for instance but

Well yeah, technically probably he's way better than Huwie, but where's
the feeling eh? Aimless noodling.

> where's the songs, then? Name one OT tune that's as good as Living On A
> Knife-Edge, Dying Seas, Ejection, Space is Deep or _even_ Secret Agent.

By Christ this is a good point. Well said that man. take a bow. In fact
I've got a few Ozric CDs and I can't even name one of their songs, let alone
one as good as a HW tune. Know what that tells me? Stop buying fucking Ozrics
CDs, that's what :-)

> I stand corrected, then! Perhaps you could tell me what's their best
> Album, as I've only ever seen them live.

Fish Rising :-)))))

Chris