HW: Ozrics and DB Question

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jun 24 17:17:19 EDT 1996

Guido Vacano writes:

> Hello--
>
>         All this Ozric Tentacles bashing is getting a bit annoying. My
> humble opinion is that anyone who doesn't like the Tentacles is missing
> something.
>
>         I'd like to ask Dave if there will ever be studio versions of the
> "live only" tunes (Treadmill, Moonglum, and Back in the Box spring to
> mind).

Moonglum would pretty much need Langton I'd have thought?

Ditto BitB would need Bainbridge though I think such an abortion of a
song whould be left to quietly moulder rather than have it's rotting
carcass dragged into the studio for a tardy and necrophiliac kiss of
life.

Treadmill on the other hand, with more guitar and less nonsense might
make an excellent track.

ObTour: I disliked them finishing with "Abducted" in Brixton, feeling
that a rock track would have left people on an up note. However, at
Brentwood where everything was very formal with seated rows and a
zillion bouncers who'd have been better employed fetching beers for
thirsty fans, this track seemed so out'n'out weird that it really worked
as an ending to the gig.

FoFP