The Cyberspace Interviews

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Jun 24 13:56:20 EDT 1996

>         I'd like to ask Dave if there will ever be studio versions of the
> "live only" tunes (Treadmill, Moonglum, and Back in the Box spring to
> mind).

        I know people complain about some of the recurring retreads of
old material, but sometimes it really works (like "Mirror of Illusion" >
"Mask of Morning").  What about grabbing some of the old lost Hawkwind
songs (like "Time for Sale") and reworking them as new releases?  I
can't say I'd mind that, especially if it would increase the rock-out
quotient in the set :)

> And yes, I'd like to see a bit more DB guitar playing too. :-) He
> may not be a great soloist, but he's an excellent rythm guitarist.

        Ah, but I wouldn't replace DB's leads with _anyones_ for
things like "Golden Void" or the wailing and thrashing of _Space Ritual_!
Huw's leads were great for Huw-era songs, but I didn't much like what
happened to the older material when it got Huw-ised ...

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)