The Cyberspace Interviews

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Mon Jun 24 15:12:57 EDT 1996

Carl editorializes....

>         Alot of our questions have leant more towards advice :) particularly
> the "Goddam it Dave, ditch the sequencers, play yer guitar, sing, and
> stop hiding behind your gear!" piece of advice :)
>
>         Now, while I believe that it is to Hawkwind's benefit to get
> some feedback from the fans, we should probably throw in some good
> interviewesque kind of questions to keep the man from running away
> and screaming :)

Yeah, good point....One thought I was thinking of submitting (once I'd come up
with the proper wording) was....

Hey, Dave...It seems that in the 90's, the space rock genre has undergone
somewhat of a rebirth, with older bands like Gong & Amon Duul II re-emerging,
newer bands like Porcupine Tree, darXtar, SunDial, Melting Euphoria, etc.
adding their voice to the fray, so to speak, and even a few independent record
labels like Cleopatra and Delerium have directed their efforts towards
psychedelic music.  With 90's Hawkwind seeming to return to this style also
(following the 80's shift to harder rock with obligatory guitar solos and such)
it almost appears that the band has travelled full-circle and has returned to
it's roots.  Do you see that as being an indication that Hawkwind was just far
ahead of it's time back in the early 70's, and that the rest of the music world
is just now catching on, or is space rock music beginning to evolve into
something entirely different from what it was, and if so, where will it lead
to????

>         Apart from the obvious HawkGrumbles ;)  I'd quite like to know
> what album plans Hawkwind have for the future--what kind of things
> they're thinking of doing.  For example, are they ever going to
> resurrect the Earth Ritual concept?  I think that would be great, and
> that its time has come.

What exactly *was* the Earth Ritual supposed to be??  Nothing on the EP seemed
to be particularly cohesive - in fact, it was just a few songs about all sorts
of things....I would've thought this idea would've been more like what was on
'Church of Hawkwind'...you know, Fall of Earth City and such.

>         Maybe some human interest stuff:  What is a day or a week in
> the life of Hawkwind or Dave Brock like?

Yeah, we've heard what a day in the life of a boc-l Hawkfan is like...crashing
in a pool of one's own beer spillage and such.... :)

Keith H. (FAA)

ObCD - Love in Space - where the hell are the discs???  They gotta be in here
somewhere???  Oh, there they are....now how the hell do I get them out??