HW: Questions

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Jun 24 16:44:42 EDT 1996

On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Dave Berry wrote:

> I really hope that some of the questions I've seen here don't get posted.
> It's no wonder Dave tries avoids the fans so much!  "Dave, do this!  Dave,
> do that!  Why are you so crap?  Play my favourites!".

Yeah, but what if Dave is in fact labouring under the misapprehension that
people actually *prefer* gobs of sequenced, ambient midi stuff in concert
instead of real, live, improvisational space jams?  Now *that's* a scary
thought (and someone ought to tell him)... ;-)

> Maybe he got this inspiration for "Right To Decide" from reading fan mail...

You mean he actually reads fan mail? ;-)

I realise that Dave Brock has his own agenda, and, I'm sure, will pursue
it regardless of what fans, or otherwise, shout for.  But I can't help
feeling that he wouldn't be soliciting questions if he didn't want to get
some kind of groundswell of opinion from the fans.  (But, hey, maybe this
is all just a big market research exercise orchestrated by Doug Smith?
Maybe Mr. Star Rats can answer this: was the "Cyberspace Interviews" idea
something suggested *by* Dave, or suggested *to* Dave?  The answer could
be telling.)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCassettes: Hawkwind Covers All, Vols. I-IV

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.