BOC : The Goldmine Story

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Mon Jun 24 19:02:56 EDT 1996

>>         3) and no mention is made (except in the discography) of "Bad
>> Channels" and how the band got involved in the project. This, too, would
>
>First I'd heard of 'Bad' was seeing it in a store.  Granted, this was
>before joining BOC-L.  But really, those tunes don't get much
>discoussion on BOC-L.  Is it covered in the FAQ?

I haven't even found the damn thing yet ! Hopefully I'll manage to buy a
copy next week when I fly to Montreal... BTW, the first time *I* heard of it
was when I found the BOC lyrics on the Web...

>> have been an interesting story to hear... especially after reading the
>> band's comments on the "Heavy Metal" experience !
>>
>Again, I know next to nothing of that either.  Again, in the FAQ?

Yep. At least I think so (my memory sometimes plays tricks on me !)... But
to cut a short story long (or the other way around ;-), "Heavy Metal" is a
sci-fi feature-length cartoon with four or five (that memory again !)
segments telling different stories. The whole thing was illustrated by rock
bands, among which BOC. There is a *little* mention of this in the Goldmine
article... A good movie, BTW.

Alex S. Garcia.

ARTEFACT EDITIONS (http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/index.htm)
Generation Scenario
      (la revue de l'ecriture scenaristique / the magazine of screenwriting)
      http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/genscen/genscen.htm
Icarus - Encyclopedie de l'Imaginaire
The Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & Science-Fiction
      http://www.Catch22.com/~icarus/