HW: HW/Ozrics

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Jun 25 09:49:49 EDT 1996

This is getting off-topic, so apologies to uninterested readers...

> I know this is going to be an oft asked question but what does
> "progressive" actually mean?

In the context of rec.music.progressive, it mainly means 70's prog rock
and its descendants.  Within this, it's fairly broad: I scan the group
occasionally looking for references to Hawkwind, Gong, and the Henry Cow
family.  It also covers Italian, Brazilian, French and Swedish bands,
among others.

Personally, I agree with you that there is a lot more truly progressive
music out there.  But labels are strange things...

Dave.