Stirring up trouble....

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Jun 25 18:05:24 EDT 1996

> The guy who was doing the complaining wasn't here for the old days of
> BOC-L, when promises of new new material and forthcoming albums
> weren't greeted so cynically.  He didn't wait out the endless vigil
> with us, while we praised Buck's concert performances (remember the
> years when his fretboard technique was refered to as the "Hand of
> God"?) and talked about Eric's interest in science fiction, and said
> that Allen looked 150 years old ... ooops!  Well, 2 out of 3 ain't
> bad.  :)

        Hey, let's repeat some of that--Buck's fretboard technique is
still the Hand of God :)

        Still, true: these are glory days for BOC in comparison to 4
years ago--remember when we were considering trying to plot a map of
BOC sitings to try and predict where they would appear next?  At least
we get tour dates forwarded on these days. :)

        Gee, how old is the list?  I keep thinking of myself as semi-new,
but at the HW Brixton show Andy pointed out I'd probably been here longer
than he had!  I think when I joined (spring '92?) the list was still on
Steve's machine in Buffalo ... ah, remember when the server died and
FoFP set up the temporary "Hawkwind List" out of castle at edinburgh?
        Ahhhh ... CyberNostalgia!  I must be getting old :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)