in this corner...Albert

Ted Jackson jr. TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Jun 25 19:08:29 EDT 1996

Carl responds:

> > I can't believe that
> > they wouldn't do anything possible to bring Al back.  Do they
> > actually think the band is better without Al and Joe?
>
>         Well, tBS are certainly better with Al :)

I meant the folks on aol would want the B brothers back in BOC.  We
all know the bridge is burnt...

>         Besides, I don't think Joe would be into it--what has BOC
> got to offer that's so great?  "We tour continuously and play the same
> songs really, really well over and over again."

Except that Al and Joe were both major contributors to BOC.  Maybe if
the band were still intact with the original lineup, the current BOC
doldrum might never have happened.  But that's 20/20 hindsight...

>         Er, what?  At least Hawkwind keeps shaking the set-list up :)
> So who has the better new material?  BOC or Hawkwind :)  Actually,
> tBS are more _consistent_ than either of the list mainstays :)

Well, both more consistent, and prolific as well.

> > I expect
> > they're afraid to acknowledge the great stuff tBS are into, 'cause it
> > would highlight the extent to which 3OC are spinning their wheels.
>
>         Nahhhhhhh!  Anyone else want to guess that the growing success of
> tBS on small labels has prompted BOC to finally give up the major-label
> pipe-dream and concentrate on getting some product out?  Maybe tBS are
> the best thing that's happened to BOC in a _long_ time :)

Maybe 3OC are finally realizing that their dream of recapturing a
brief moment on the airwaves with 'lighter' stuff ain't the way to
go.  Even those slow-witted dudes must see the enthusiasm Al's
generating among old-guard BOC fans by sticking to the original BOC
canon:  crazed lyrics, heavy arrangements and enthusiastic vocals.

theo>