BOC : ramble on :-)(was Goldmine)

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Tue Jun 25 20:36:14 EDT 1996

On 96/6/25 T Jackson wrote:

>It's tough to get all the angles.  Too, 'cause Al is a BOC-L member,
>I think we all tend to take his side somewhat.  I imagine if he'd
>been a choir boy scout, the band would've wanted him to stay along a
>bit more.

I was a boy scout and an altar boy. I played the organ in church but I
never was in the choir. Seriously though as time goes on , I don't really
know why I'm not still playing with them myself. Things happen. Life
changes and those things work themselves out eventually.

I must apologize for going into lurk mode for the past month. I just
haven't had time to post to the list. I'm reading most of it although I've
had to trash many of the HW threads for time conservation.

The new album is coming along nicely. Paul Special won't be able to start
the mixing until July 16th and I don't want to start without him. I really
want this new record to sound the best ever and with Paul mixing I'm sure
it will. I can't really talk about the surprizes we have in store because
then it won't be a surprize but we should have it finished by the end of
the summer so you won't have to wait too long (mere seconds in 3OC time);-)

>From time to time some comments waift through the cybersphere like "boc-al"
or "BouchardOC" and I must admit they make me uncomfortable. My perception
is that these comments are falsehoods. I mean I love that my work is
appreciated by other people. I like hearing about it. I think I'm pretty
lucky actually. I don't really mind the occasional criticism I get either.
Criticism can be supportive also. What I don't like is other people
denigrating the members of this list, where someone from another list has
to throw out comments like that to make themselves feel superior.  Most
people on this list are intelligent, hard working and enthusiastic people.
I'm sure there are some who belong to other lists also. I would get aol
myself if I didn't hate what it does to my computer. (the last time I tried
it it kept crashing my computer).

I've been on this list for a couple years. I still enjoy it. I've seen
people come and go (what happened to ROBO???). One thing I like is finding
out a little bit about my fans as people. If you make it to a Surgeons gig,
come up and introduce yourself to me. It's always a kick to see what
someone looks like and it's also good to see old friends again.

Al