OFF: More list history trivia...

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Wed Jun 26 12:03:17 EDT 1996

Paul Mather writes:

> Jill wrote:
>
> [The "two moderators" gambit deleted.]
>
> > One problem nags me though - I'm sure I remember the name of Bob
> > Netherton in connection with this - tho' I could be wrong.
>
> I think my memory is going, too.  I have the distinct recollection that
> Steve handed over the list to "the two Bens"---though I don't remember
> the surname of the "other" Ben (the one who lost his job abruptly and
> thereby precipitated the entire fracas).

Actually, I think Jill's right.  It wasn't Billy and Ben, it was
Bob'n'Ben.

Erk.  Memory is, what, the second thing to go?  :-}

Hmmmm.  Now it's bugging me.  How did Billy fit into the picture?
Maybe he was the guy who told me what had happened to the list...
(only one person actually knew the story, everyone else was just
confused about where the list had gone.)

I don't suppose anybody actually archived any posts from this era? :-)

Steve
swann at panix.com