BOC : ramble on :-)(was Goldmine)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Jun 26 13:53:31 EDT 1996

> There were NO arrangements, novel or otherwise, by BOC on Imaginos. The few
> parts that Eric and Donald overdubbed went in the same places created for
> lead vocals or lead guitar by Albert, who arranged all of the material on
> that album, and directed most of the musical performances (with the exception
> of the odd leads performed by people like Satriani) that actually appeared on
> the album. The album was MIXED by an engineer hired by Pearlman, and "BOC"s
> (sic) input in that process was minimal.

        I assume you are replying to my post, Deb.  I _realize_ there were
no novel arrangements by BOC on Imaginos, but perhaps my statement would
have been clearer if I had said a) _Imaginos_, despite what we all know,
has the BOC name on it, making in an "official" album, and b) there are
novel arrangements of songs (done by Albert) originally recorded by
BOC ("Astronomy" and "Blue Oyster Cult" [aka "The Subhuman"]).

        That is what I meant to be understood.  Thus, my reasoning for
then going on to discuss CN as a possibly better candidate for what
could be considered the last actual BOC album (followed by a discussion
of the last BOC album with the original line-up).

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)