HW: Summer Solstice in Cleveland

William Stone stone1 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Wed Jun 26 22:29:58 EDT 1996

>Hi Folks...
>
>I thought I'd post a short review of what went on last Saturday night
at the
>Phantasy Night Club in Cleveland, OH.
  The lead singer/poet from the first two gigs
>was not present this time (I think his name was Tom Marazita),
although I think
>his brother was back there playing the drums.

  I don't think so.  The old front guy lives in NY.  They're trying to
get a tighter sound (very evident) by having guys in the band who can
actually rehearse together.  Novel idea...:)

>Highlights for me were the 'T5SoF/DoT' excerpt from
Levitation....brilliant!!
>and the Choose Your Masques intro (I don't think they did this one
before).

  They did this last time, with artist drawing on stage during the
tune. Nice touch, as well as the inept flame throwing dude....

The best part I thought was that very same artist, who goes by the name
Screamer, tearing it up on lead vox on Uncle Sam's on Mars.  Twas never
a fave of mine, but this guy made it something special. If I had the
time and patience to put a band together again I'd be calling him for
sure.

  The originals, according to Steve Taylor, are not yet ready for prime
time... All in all a good time!

Wylie