TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC: Football Result

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Thu Jun 27 12:04:31 EDT 1996

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Martyn White wrote:

>         AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHH.  I set my VCR to record
> the England/Germany game and watched it totally absorbed.  I
> saw Gazza miss in extra time and then it was time for penalties.
>         Then the fucking tape ran out.  I had to phone around
> only to find out England lost.
>
>         Totally off topic but just had to vent

Martyn,

I have to say agonising though that must have been for you, it probably
wasn't as agonising as actually watching the penalty shoot-out!

So much for the feelgood factor: England lost to Germany, the fucking
tube & post office are on strike, and I've just been lumbered with a
bunch of exam scripts to mark. Grrr...

Dave