BRAIN: Mama Kin Gig

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Thu Jun 27 23:39:00 EDT 1996

I just want to amplify a few things John said.   The place was packed and I
was about 1/2 way back.  Even back there people were dancing around.   The
transitions between songs were great!   Smooth and sometimes very abrupt
changes in mood.

The dreaded Albert really beat the snot out of the skins.   He broke
something on "I Play the Drums" and some of the kick drum booms could have
worked for CPR.  My chest rattled.

I like Billy Hilfiger's showmanship.  He does some great mugging with his
lead breaks.   As John said, the set list was great, and I was left wanting
more.   The sound guy had very little choice on the 2nd encore song (I was
very close to him).   And unlike the current HW gigs, this encore kicked out
the jams.

Rudy