OFF: list etiquette

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Fri Jun 28 16:35:09 EDT 1996

Martyn White writes:

>         OK, its Friday afternoon, three hours without a BOC-L
> post and at least an hour until I can have a beer SO.........
>
>         Won't someone fill in tha blanks on the two incomplete
> jokes that were posted earlier
>
>         What shouldn't you do to Grandad when he's pissed?
>
>         Why should you invite OJ to Xmas dinner?
>
> Inquring minds want to know

Ummmm.... guys?  The OFF: indicator is for topics that are marginally
off topic, like bands that we like, but don't have a BOC/Hawkwind
connection.  Or books/movies etc that we think might be of some
relevance.

But OJ jokes, baby seal jokes, (football scores!) etc... no matter how
screamingly funny they may (or may not) be, just don't belong here.
If you think that people absolutely must read them, tack them in your
signature line at the end of a post about Buck's guitar technique, or
Calvert's poetical infuences.

Steve
Chief Whip, BOC-L Topicality party
swann at panix.com