HW :seeing how the other half lives

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Mar 1 08:16:22 EST 1996

>> Alien 4 (if you ever get a US release, this years release is a superb return
>> to form after the unfocused Business of the Future,
>
>I think There are some new listeners for which Business of the Future would be
>a good intro to the band.  It once played it after Brian Eno's NerveNet, and
>those people really liked it.  I like it too - it's the best of the recent
>spate of "ambient" releases from the HW stable.  I wouldn't recommend it
>to BOC fans though.

I was primariliy on here as a BOC fan originally, and IITBOTFTBD was my
second exposure to Hawkwind, the first being listening to Lord of Light
in someone's car on a road trip.  While certain parts of it seemed nicely
dreamy, in general had this been my first exposure to them I'm not sure
I would have followed up on getting more stuff.  It's not whether it's "heavy"
or not... The next thing I got was Levitation and I absolutely loved that...

I think the thing that I was most intrigued from BOTF... were the song titles,
whether or not I liked the song, I was always intrigued by the titles...
'
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)