OFF: The 20-minuters

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Mar 1 11:31:19 EST 1996

>On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Jon Browne wrote:
>
>> Does anyone really think a 20 minute Brainstorm or Born To Go would
appeal to a
>> '90's listener as their first introduction to the band?
>>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>        Any band who can string a song out for twenty minutes (esp.
>Brainstorm!) will get a sympathetic hearing from me!

Such open-ended statements.  I suppose you'll get out your
sympathetic hearings for:

Pink Floyd - "Echoes", 23.31  minutes
Arlo Guthrie - "Alice's Resteraunt", about 20 minutes,
M. Python  - "I like traffic lights", about 15 minutes before I shot the thing

//// (actually, "Echoes" is my favorite Floyd song, so maybe you have something
      there... they also had "Dogs" and "Atom Heart Mother", both at about 17 m)

"Simple... 20 minutes is the average life expectancy of a new pilot!"
                - Captain Flashheart, in "Blackadder goes forth"
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)