HW: Stop Press

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Mar 4 08:10:08 EST 1996

> April 1: EBSCD 119 _Emergency Broadcast System Samples_. 13 tracks
> from EBSSCD 111 through EBSSCD 122, includes a track from HW
> F&R _SpaceHead_ & 12pg colour booklet. 13 tracks at EP price

        What the hell's this?  Compilation of HW stuff or other EBS stuff?
Well, at least they didn't call it _Masters of the Universe_ ...

> April 22: EBCD 106 _Love in Space_ EP (Digipak)
> April 22: EBT 120 _Love in Space_ EP (12" Vinyl)
>
> May 7: EBSSCD 120/EBSLP 120 _Love in Space_ Double LP. Complete show of Alien
> tour. Gatefold vinyl and 6-page fold out digipack. Both with 16 pg
> booklet

        Ah!  And are they pulling their usual shit of sticking some pointless
instrumental on the vinyl to force collectors to go spend ridiculous sums to
get the complete deal?  Still, I'm not one of the anti-Ron faction, but even
so if they include "Lord of Light" on this it'll be worthwhile.  And perhaps
a cool live version of Sputnik without the silly vocals.

> May 28: EBSCD 121 _..... Of Stars and Time_ Spacehead debut

        And what are "Spacehead"?  Some random band?  Knowing comtemporary
Hawkwind tendancies I hope these guys aren't another useless techno-outfit ...

> June 17: EBSSCD 117/EBSLP 117 _Ritual of the Solstice_. Re-mix album
> incl. Utah Saints, Banco de Gaia, Senser, Advent, Optic Eye, Salt
> Tank, Astralasia and others

        ... and speaking of useless techno-outfits ;)  Well, there've been
one or two decent tracks among the previous remixes ...

> July 8: EBSSCD 122 _Captured Rotation_ Alan Davey

        Ah!  So he's releasing it on EBS after all!  He'd said back in
October that he wasn't ...  The sinister Hand of Smith?

Cheers,
Carl