HW: More Stop Press

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Mon Mar 4 08:53:46 EST 1996

Carl et al. sputtered these electrons on my screen...

> > EMI Re-issues released on March 25!
>
>         May the gods defend my wallet!
>
> > Bonus tracks are:
> > Hawkwind: Bring it in Home, HW Zoo version of Hurry on Sundown, Kiss
> > of the Velvet Whip, Cymbaline
>
>         Nothing particularly new here, except Cymbaline which I don't
> recognize (the Floyd song?).  I wonder whether all this stuff is
> remastered--does anyone actually _have_ the original tapes of "Bring it
> On Home"?  :)

I hope that it is the Floyd track of the same name! But most of us probably
have all of this (except Cymbaline, natch...) already.

CHOMP!
> > Hall of the Mountain Grill: PAradox, You'd better Believe it,
> > Psychedelic Warlords, It's so Easy
>
>         Now this is interesting.  "It's so Easy" is presumably the same
> as it is elsewhere, but are the others (additional) live versions?  Weren't
> "Paradox" and "You'd Better Believe It" live to start with?

You are correct, those were two live tracks amongst all the studio works.
I suspect that we are going to get the single version of PW ala STASIS.

> > Space Ritual Alive: ?? Notes says with extra tracks and extra info!

I just hope that they do a better job of ending the CD than the first
effort. Don't putz around with "Electronic No. 1"!! And the full length
versions would be great, but then this will be a different animal for
those who view it as a classic. Hopefully, it will make it that much more
of a classic!

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400