OFF: The 20-minuters

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Mon Mar 4 22:30:56 EST 1996

>On  2 Mar 96 Jerry wrote about Re: OFF: The 20-minuters:
>> Eloy - Power and the Passion (42 min)
>You can't count that one really .... it's multiple tracks in one big
>long seque ... Though I'd include 'Atlantis Agony at (some date or
>other) Gregorian Earthtime'

Aren't many of those 20 minute examples "compositions" - composed of
several parts? Give it one name, or give every part its own name. But I
agree it's a different matter when a band extends a song on stage. I'm
mainly into progressive rock, so in general, I prefer those
"compositions" to extended jams.

Jerry

I said /prefer/ - not that extended jams can't be great songs. I really
/love/ Orgone Accumulator, Brainstorm and the likes.