HW: Gong in Montreal!

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIAL.UNISYS.COM
Tue Mar 5 11:59:36 EST 1996

Thought a few people  would like to see this, not my review, but I was there
excellent show !

Cheers,
Steve L.

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From guido at iastate.edu Mon Mar  4 21:12:42 1996
To: erpnotes at iastate.edu
From: evan light <elight at po-box.mcgill.ca>
Subject: Gong in Montreal!

Went on at about 8:15pm just last night (March 3) and 'twas a hell of a
show...band told me they thought it was the best so far, even after 2 almost
sold-out crowds in Quebec City. 1st set was kinda mellow and they seemed to
be just playing, but the 2nd was alomost 2 hours long including the encore.
Much more trancy than the 1st. Steffi tells me he's experimenting a bit more
with his synths and sequencers and everything. He had a keyboard blow up in
NYC because he forgot about the whole voltage bit so he picked up a nice
Moog. Sent him off synth shopping this morning. The whole show was just
incredible. Whoever you are and whereever you are get your ass off to their
next show 'cause it's a must see. Here's the set list from the evening...

                Gong Classic
                ~~~~ ~~~~~~~

1. Intro
2. Can't Kill Me (Daevid starts)
3. Radio Gnome (Daevid starts)
4. Pussy (Steffy starts)
5. Pothead Pixies (Pip count 5)
6. Glid (Pip starts)
7. Prostitute Poem (Tim starts)
8. Eat That Phonebook (Didier starts)
9. Tim discourse link
10. Flute Salad
11. Oily Way
12. Outer Temple
13. Inner Temple
14. Goddess Invoc
15. Om Riff
16. La Boof
   note: this was one fuckin hilarious track with 100% funny & French vocals
from our man on the flute)
17. Cycles (Mike starts)
18. Get It Inner
19. Never Blow YR Trip (A drone)
20. Scat
21. Why Dont'cha Try
23. You are I

-They did many songs either completely or partially in French. Definitly a
one of a kind show. For those of you who'll be on the other side of the
ocean later this year, they're going back to England come the 22 of March
and going about England, Wales, and Scotland. Then they're looking for
France, Belgium, and maybe Germany and finally Japan. Keep an eye out for
more Gong News because GAS has bigbig plans for a Gong website that is to be
the virtual incarnation of Gong.

        tata..evan

----- End Included Message -----