OFF: Satriani with DP

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Tue Mar 5 10:42:57 EST 1996

> > record of picking the best guitarists around). New album out last month
> > (Purpendicular, aka. _|_), and they are touring the UK at this very moment -
> > I'm off to see them at Brixton on Friday. Album should be out in the USA in
> > a month or so, followed by a tour. The album is, IMHO, the best thing they

Yeah, the new album is a stormer. Anyone who likes heavy rock (as opposed
to balls to the wall metal) will surely enjoy it. And they're playing
Sheffield tomorrow night, I cannot wait!

> What size venues are they playing.  Are they now a club act a la BOC
> or can they still fill stadiums.  Are they bigger in the UK than over
> the lake?  Anyone in the US seen them lately?  What kind of gigs do
> they do here?

They're playing the typical British 2000 to 3000 seaters that most bands do,
rather than arenas. And selling out at most of 'em. Certainly a vastly bigger
draw than either BOC or HW ;-)

The US tour dates are probably on the excellent WWW site at:
http://www.tecc.co.uk/public/purple/Purple.html

Chris