OFF: Cyber Sleaze

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Mar 6 09:33:24 EST 1996

> I don't buy this argument any more than I do that TV violence induces real
> life violence.   (BTW, I am a psychologist so I'm aware of the studies.)
>  Kids find their way to printed materials and have for a long time.   This
> is not new.   European countries where porn is less regulated have lower
> incidences of rape and illegitimate births.

Well, you and Arnold Schwarzenegger agree on that one.  'Course if
they proves violent movies induced violence, then he'd be out of
business.  But seriously, I think you may be in error on one count.
I believe that there is a rather high incidence of illegitimate
births in Europe.  Not that that really bothers me...

theo>