OFF: READ THIS AND SEND FWD

Steve zaius at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Mar 6 11:42:48 EST 1996

>I'm probably being grossly ignorant here so forgive me, but I believe
>congress doesn't "make" the law; it's left up to "local standards of
>decency" to define what is or is not obscene or prohibited.  (At least
>that is how I remember it being explained to me.)  It is for this reason
>that oral sex, for example, is illegal in certain states (or areas) in the
>U.S.A. but not in others.

You're not grossly ignorant, but somewhat misinformed.  The local standards
(anyplace in the Confederacy, for example)are often fascistic, racist,
homophobic, sexist (all rolled up into one big bubba ball) in nature.
What a bunch of prudish schoolmarms can't handle covers a lot of ground and
I'm sick SICK of being held to the lowest common denominator's standards.
I don't want everything I read being filtered through the 'save the
children' sieve.
Most, if not all of the stuff that everybody whines about on the net being
obscene is already illegal anyway (child porn, &c...) The FBI has just been
given power to wiretap, infiltrate and generally use whatever KGB methods
are required to catch anybody doing anything at anytime.
So why isn't that good enough for the prudes?
It won't be good enough for them until everyone is in the moral
straightjacket of Victorian times and you'll see some incredible sexual
neuroses then, I assure you.
The government is run by control freaks  who are egged on by nosy neighbor
special interest groups who want to tax the other guy, read the other guy's
mail, and and generally make sure that hippy down the block comes to his
senses.
Death to Fascism and Up with naked babes!!!!

"Freedom is always against the law."
-J.R. "Bob" Dobbs