OFF: Cyber Sleaze 2, the compilation

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Wed Mar 6 12:44:00 EST 1996

> But seriously, I think you may be in error on one count.
>I believe that there is a rather high incidence of illegitimate
>births in Europe.  Not that that really bothers me...

theo, I don't have the reference at hand, but it can be easily verified.  US
teenage girls have the highest illegitimacy rate in the industrialized
world.  That puts a few qualifiers on things too.   The point I was trying
to make it that protection from indecent material, like the banning of
drugs, has not produced the intended benefit in the US.   This includes the
sex education that will give them ideas.

>BTW, I believe I may have broken the law in Georgia :)

Andy, knowing the Georgia obscenity laws somewhat, I'll bet you have and
I'll bet I know which one.  :-O

>The government is run by control freaks  who are egged on by nosy neighbor
>special interest groups who want to tax the other guy, read the other guy's
>mail, and and generally make sure that hippy down the block comes to his
>senses.

Hey, I represent that remark!   Unfortunately, it has a lot of truth.
  There are those that are fighting from within too.

>I'm sick SICK of being held to the lowest common denominator's standards.
>I don't want everything I read being filtered through the 'save the
>children' sieve.

That is the real issue.   The people who want to limit things just can't
accept thoughts or actions that don't mirror their own.   That is what makes
them bad.  As FoFP indicated, once the camel's nose in the tent of
censorship is accepted, you get more than you bargained for.

obHW:  It is written ...  that man's truth is a mirage

Rudy