charmed ME-262 called <Plutonium>?

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Mar 6 16:33:48 EST 1996

>> Call me Desdinova.. Hmmm nova = new, I wonder what the origin for the rest
>> of the name yields...  (for example, if I'm not mistaken, Casanova
>> translates somewhat as "newhouse", but also somewhat as "newlywed", since in
>> spanish the word for marry and house are the same "casar", to marry, and
>> "casa", house...
>
>It was always my understanding that Desdinova translates essentially
>to "Eternal Light".  'Desd' i think relates to time (i.e., destiny, etc.)
>and 'nova' can also be interpreted in terms of illumination if I'm
>not mistaken.

The latin root for "light" would be "luce", (as in "lucifer" = lightbringer,
'Lucifer, the light...').   Perhaps 'New Destiny', though I have my doubts.
Destiny would probably get its word from one of the fates...
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)