Other: Gong, can't go wrong!

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Thu Mar 7 11:14:00 EST 1996

The Boston Gong gig was mighty fine, especially given the conditions.  Scott
was told that the band was a bit spent.   We had a real sleet/snow storm
underway and they did 2 shows the night before in NYC.   There were only
about 50-80 at the show, but most were hard core fans.   2 guys there were
from Miami and interrupted a ski holiday to catch the festivities.  The
sound at Mama Kin is very clean and Gong played at just the right volume.
  The softest passage and the hardest beat came through great.   They
covered that entire range too.

I couldn't even attempt a set list, but Gong was on for about 1:50 and left
everybody very happy.  One fellow there said they played every favorite that
he wanted to hear.  Even scat in French for the cunning linguists.

>   Just out of curiosity - what was the lineup for Gong and did any other
>bands play?

They announced each member before the encore, so I could check my tape and
post later (no Blake for sure).   Or maybe Scott can fill this in.   There
was an opening act, Architectural Metaphor.  A local space rock outfit that
did 1 HW cover in their set, but not touring with Gong.  What you see at any
given venue will be a unique experience.   I can't see how you'll be
disappointed.

Tea anyone?
Rudy