OFF: ArchMet

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Mar 7 14:43:44 EST 1996

>        Rudy mentioned that Archetectural Metaphor opened for Gong last
>        night.  You may remember these guys from their version of "Sonic
>        Attack" that appeared on their (only?) release 'Odysseum Galacti'.
>        I have a tape dub of 'O.G.', and have been casually looking for a
>        copy of this on CD.  Does anybody out their have more info on
>        availability of ArchMet CD(s)?  Or perhaps an old copy they would
>        like to trade?
>        I understand that this ArchMet has gone through several membership
>        changes, and that the group that recorded 'O.G.' is not the same as
>        the current line-up.  Any further data on that one?
>        ObHWreference:  ArchMet also opened for HW on one or more of their
>        recent USA tours, if I remember right.

        All of this is correct.  ArchMet recorded their _OG_ with Chris
Bruce (a minor miracle in itself! ;) with a fuller lineup--someone who
I believe used to play guitar or bass with them has cropped up doing
photography at various Hawkwind and Nikwind gigs.  In fact I believe the
photos in the Nikwind _SR 1994_ CD are largely from this bloke.  Can't
remember his name, but I remember cringing as he claimed responsibility
for the Nikwind photos to members of HW at the New Haven gig last spring
(clearly, he was not aware of the "difficulties" between NW and HW at
the time ;)

        As far as I know, the CD is still available, though I don't know
how widely its distributed.  I was given my copy by Deb, the drummer, which
she foolishly gave me in return for a copy of the demo tape of my then
band Ossian's Ride.  I tried to warn her, but ... ;)

        Scott Heller has, I think, some contact with the ArchMet folks
and may be able to steer you towards a CD.

>        ObJam:  "Sunstroke", Sundial from 'Return Journey'

        BTW, the last update from Freak Emporium claimed they had one
remaining copy of this on CD.  Anyone who wants it should email Ivor
instantly, before its too late (if it isn't already!) ...

Cheers,
Carl