OTHER: Amon Duul 2 - Live in London 1996

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Thu Mar 7 19:39:54 EST 1996

Andy writes:

> Oh yes!  Amon Duul 2 are at the Astoria on April 19th!
>
> I presume it'll be the _Nada Moonshine #_ line-up - i.e., just about everyone
> important except John Weinzierl.

Wow....boy would I love to see ADII, probably my second favourite band of
all-time, behind HW of course.  Last year there was a rumour that they may be
interested in coming to the US in the near future...anybody heard anything?  Is
this London gig part of a UK/Europe tour, or just a one-off thing??

Seeing Gong Saturday and the possibility of ADII touring here is making '96 a
banner year already.

I liked Nada Moonshine # quite a lot, although there were a few tracks that I
strongly dislike.  But much of it has a feel similar to Hijack, but with a
little "techno-ish" updating to the 90's (the down side, IMHO).  But 'Speed
inside my Shoes', and 'Castenada da Dream' (?) are real winners.

Now if we could just get HW, Gong, ADII, Ozrics, etc. to form a "festival tour"
together, we could all rejoice!

Keith H.