HW: Glastonbury on CD

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Mar 7 20:25:49 EST 1996

Captain Cloud wrote:

>        While looking thru a new catalog from an Import/Boot CD dealer that
>        I have used, I came across the following under "Arriving Shortly":
>
>          2CD Grateful Dead/Bowie/Hawkwind "Glastonbury Festival - The
>              First Concert"  (BUCAN  BUC 029)  $26.00
>
>        Could this be an official release of the famed Glastonbury 3LP?  Or
>        even just a CD boot taken direct from the LPs?  I'd appreciate any
>        info, in case I should jump all over this deal.  The BUCAN is an
>        abbreviation for the CD-maker; anyone familiar with a possible
>        company name?  Perhaps Buccaneer?

I saw a listing of the Glastonbury CD at least three years ago, from
various distribution sources.  I even think it was on Buccaneer, too.  I
don't think this is a legit release.  Anyways, I passed on it.  Sorry I
can't be of more help.  But it's unlikely this is a "new" release (maybe
a new re-re-release:).

Btw, did anyone see the film that was made of the first(?) Glastonbury
Festival?  I recall seeing it on Channel 4 years ago.  Don't recall
Hawkwind, but do remember The Crazy World of Arthur Brown and, I think,
Gong appearing in it.

Cheers,

Paul.

obKaraokeForTheBrave: Jeff Healey Band, "Communication Breakdown", _Cover
                                to Cover_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.