1980 HW help

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Mar 8 13:25:27 EST 1996

>   Remember a while ago there was a lot of discussion regarding a
>   Treforest gig in 1980?

help!  I've deleted all the relevant bits.   What was the conclusion on
Treforest?   Something about the fact that Hawkwind were playing the East
coast at the time and it would have been impossible to get to Treforest
and back within 24 hours.   Ergo it was an East coast gig?

>            Pilton: Worthy Farm 5.11.80.
>   OK, so this date is clearly wrong, HOWEVER it does definitely
>   sound like an outdoors/festival event due to the type of crowd
>   noise and soom of the stage banter.

I've had another listen to this - nice tape incidentally! - but I'm not
entirely sure it's outside since the first thing Brock says when he
comes onstage is "Hello Friends.  You all squashed in there?"  which
clearly indicates an enclosed area and quite a small one at that.
Could be a tent I s'pose.

>   The track list is :-
>
>   a.  Lev/M.City/D.Trap/Shot/Psychosis/Instr/5th Sec/Dust
>   b.  World/U.Guerilla/S.Chase/War?/PSI/Brainstorm
>
>   The main easily identifing part of the tape is between M.City
>   & Death Trap when Dave talks about Ginger "getting old"
>   & Ginger saying he's "gotta go off soon, for a piss".

definitely Ginger's drumming - the tape finally expires abruptly to the
beat of drums way after the end of Brainstorm!

I think the date must be reasonably ok but the Worthy Farm puzzles me.
I've also seen this one listed as "Worthy Farm, Pilton" so there are a
fair body of collectors who have this.   Come to think about it I
quizzed the guy concerned when I bought it (Glastonbury in fact) but he
just said that it was Brock's farm - which is definitely not the case.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk