HW: Treforest gig 1980 / good news !!

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Mar 9 13:24:46 EST 1996

> And now the best: There is a good chance that 2 gigs from the 1974 US tour,
> the Edmonton January 1974 gig and an early 1970 gig will be released later
> this year

        Gods!  Does this mean that Hawkwind might actually make good on their
mumbles about releasing old material that they made to Scott Heller on the
US tour last spring.  If this actually happens, it suggests hitherforto
unknown wellsprings of organization within the Hawkwind camp.
        Or possibly a frenzied reaction to the realisation that "we can
sell these Kollectors _anything_!" ;)

> There is a rumor about a handfull HAWKWIND UK gigs in April/May

        Oh, how wonderfull.  Do we think that when Hawkwind tours to
support their live album from the last tour that they will make another
live album from the tour (supporting the live album of the previous tour)
to release as a live album next year (followed, of course, by a tour, etc.)
        ;)

        All of this, naturally, will be "touched up" by Dave in the studio
and released as _Live Remasters of the Universe_ (until the release is
squashed for mysterious reasons by Doug Smith, and the tapes sent to
California for Nik Turner to overdub vocals on ;)

        Well, another Hawkwind tour would be nice, anyway :)

Cheers,
Carl