Big Mistakes

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Sat Mar 9 22:17:50 EST 1996

>And the winner is...
>Fire Of Unknown Origin.
>The AOF version of FOUO seemed like it fit right in with the overall feel of
>AOF.  Would have made one more KILLER cut on the album.

>Of course, what would the later FOUO album been called?

Pyromania?

>Hey, Al.  What's the story with FOUO?  Why was it not used on AOF?  And
>why was it revived later?

The choice among the 3 producers, Pearlman, Krugman, and Lucas was between
FOUO and Tenderloin. They told me that even though they felt that they
liked FOUO better that Eric would freak out if I sang more songs on the
album than he did so we went with Tenderloin. It's funny that they didn't
think of replacing DD with FOUO. For some reason they thought DD was
better. I didn't mind because I thought FOUO would be released eventually
because I thought it was a really good performance. I gave myself
goosebumps when I sang it. It was method acting. Murry told me to think
that it was my parents that had died in that fire and I really got into the
pathos of the moment. Later on I felt I'd gone over the top and so I
rewrote it for Eric to sing in his mechanical style. Maybe they'll put in
the BOC box set that we keep wishing for.
Al