BOC: Desdinova

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Mar 11 09:57:12 EST 1996

        Dear All,
                  if I've been following the threads lately, Desdinova is
also a foreign minister partially responsible for the First World War (I
think I remember that from the sleeve now), as well as being the sea-captain
who brought home the mirror which poisoned the minds of Europe as a sort of
preliminary. <pause for breath>
        Questions: are we sure Rossignol's book exists? If this has been
dealt with I'm sorry. But, if it does, which World War is it? Is Desdinova
two people so close together? And whose Minister is he? If German in WWI,
could this then make him the father of Captain Von Ondine in time for the
next war? Ondine's name seems to suggest a semi-supernatural parentage..
        Woo, it's all a bit much. I ought to really do some analysis of this
some time, see how closely my version fits with the FAQ. Speaking of
which, I'm not too happy with some of the lyrics of ME262 on the FTP
server, but I guess offering my versions would breach copyright...
                                                                   JAZZA