HW: how about a brawl!!

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Mon Mar 11 15:35:48 EST 1996

>OK, first stab at list follows...
OK, here is a second stab at the same list...

Nik Turner:
        Sphynx [1993]
        Prophets of Time
        Space Ritual 1994
        Past or Future?
 Nik Turner's Sphynx -
        Xitintoday [1978]
 Inner City Unit -
        Pass Out
        The Maximum Effect
        Punkadelic
        Newanatomy
        The President's Tapes
 Pinkwind -
        Festival of the Sun
 Anubian Lights -
        The Eternal Sky
        The Jackal and Nine EP

Bob Calvert:
        Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters
        Lucky Leif and the Longships
        Hype
        Freq
        Test-Tube Conceived
        Live at the Queen Elizabeth Hall
        Blueprints From the Cellar
        Revenge
        Centigrade 232 <poetry - include this?>

Dave Brock:
        Earthed to the Ground
        Agents of Chaos
        Strange Trips & Pipe Dreams

Alan Davey:
        The Elf EP

Del Dettmar:
 Melodic Energy Commission -
        Strange in Mystery
        Migration of the Snails

Steve Swindells:
        Messages
        Fresh Blood

Huw Lloyd-Langton:
        Outside the Law
        River Run <was this one LLG?>
 Lloyd-Langton Group -
        Night Air
        Like An Arrow (Thru the Heart)
        Time, Space, and LLG
        Elegy

Harvey Bainbridge:
        Interstellar Chaos
 Alman Mulo Band -
        Afrodiziac
        Diamonds and Toads
        Orisha
        Mamissi
        Invisible Warrior

Simon House:
        Yassasim
 Spiral Realms -
        Trip to G9
        Crystal Jungles of Eos
 High Tide -
        High Tide
        Sea Shanties
        The Flood
        Precious Cargo
        Interesting Times (is Simon on this one?)
 Third Ear Band -
        ?? (sorry, don't know any of these)

Tim Blake:
        Crystal Machine
        New Jerusalem
        Magick
 Gong - <leave out>

Lemmy Kilminster:
 Khan - <wasn't this Lemmy's early band?>
 Motorhead - <leave out>

Mike Moorcock:
        The Brothel in Rosenstrasse
        Elric on the BBC
 Deep Fix -
        New Worlds Fair

Ginger Baker: <leave out> Cream, Air Force, etc etc etc

Keith Hale: <leave out?>

Adrian Shaw: <leave out???> Magic Muscle, Bevis Frond(?)

Dave Anderson: <leave out!!!> Groundhogs, Amon Duul II

Crum: <include?>
 Moonloonies -
        Detonator

>I'm also not sure it makes too much sense to do this by a ranking system.
>I think I'd prefer a rating system (marks out of ten and give an average).

One of the problems with a poll of this type, is that few of us will
be able to rate some of the rarer items listed here.  I agree with a
10-point scale (1=very bad, 10=very good) averaged over all submissions.
This should at least help someone unfamiliar with the release determine
a comparative value to use when deciding between say "Lucky Leif" and
"Earthed to the Ground".

>It's scary how many of these I've got... :)
>
>- Andy

It's even scarier knowing how few of these I *don't* have...  :-)

Captain Cloud
cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com