OFF: The Cult

Richard Lockwood richard.lockwood at TPD.CO.UK
Wed Mar 13 09:40:42 EST 1996

>        I'm a huge Cult fan, so it really depressed me to hear that they
>have broken-up.  Does anyone here have any specifics as to why it happened
>or what the deal is with Ian Astbury's new band?

Probably Billy Duffy's fault, for several reasons.
1) Manchester City are doing so badly, he's intending to kill himself.
2) Peter Hook of New Order is a more famous Man. City fan than he is.
3) Oasis are now *far* more famous Man. City fans than he is.
4) Rumour has it that Oasis are going to sponsor Man. City.
5) The last album was dire, and he doesn't want to go through the agony of
getting slated again. :-)

Cheers,

Rich.

** That's not Enya That's not Enya That's not Enya That's not Enya **