OFF - and multiply!

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Mar 13 07:46:44 EST 1996

> (also let's
> face it, sex and it's peripheral associations are about one of the only
> enjoyable things left for us! (Apart from good food, music etc.. )

        Maybe that's why the people I know in Cambridge seem like such
randy bastards ;)  There's not a good enough music scene, lame food,
mediocre and expensive ale ... ;)

> (Yes; ban drugs, sex.. music will be next
> (it's far too subversive!) - and what you are left with is work, cricket and
> gardening... super if you like the latter 3 ... but enough to drive
> anyone 'normal(!) into and back out of a mental home to comit
> some perverse crime, to a sheep, whilst listening to Iron Maiden.

        Of course, cricket is a deviant perversion all it's own ... ;)

> > > And before you say it, no, nobody insisted the
> > > newsgroups the images came from be banned or removed.  Just that they not
> > > be allowed to be displayed in the laboratory.
>
> Sounds like a good idea to me - I mean not only are we funding the
> little p****s through University but providing free entertainment when they
> should be working. I'm all for 'localised' restricted access - case
> dependant.. but likewise restrict access to Doom and other non
> productive activitiese.

        Like boc-l?  Or are we a vital force for the advancement of culture?
        :)

        8 mph?  Are you kidding?  At insane speeds like that a person
might spill their cup of fast food coffee on themselves.  I the only
solution is a legal mandate to chain people into dark closets were they
will be heavily sedated to minimize the risk of any percieved harm.

:P

> I sometimes wonder if I landed on the right planet at all, (yeh Cloud
> Cuckoo land would suit me loads - at least I wouldn't have to put up
> with all these drivelly humanoids) but I must have been misplaced
> during the last spaceship outing...... whatever, we were Born to go!

        Unfortunately, in the immortal words of the good Mr. Kilmister:
"No alien utopia will long survive our bravery ..."

("Make 'Em Blind", I think, from _Sacrifice_.)

Cheers,
Carl