HW: They're here

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Mar 14 04:23:41 EST 1996

Chris writes -

> >         Probably means they'll be in the 13-14 quid range (if not worse)
> > over here :(   I think they're jumping the gun a little, as mail order places
> > often do, since the remasters aren't do out until the 25th or 26th.
>
> Do these mail order places hike the prices slightly? Given current exchange
> rates these prices would come in at 18 UKP and 26 UKP which is beyond the
> ridiculous!

Have to agree. For a short while at least, the remaster tag or any hint of
an import will really rocket the price beyond 14 quid in most chain stores.

> The YES remasters are available at 9.90 UKP from HMV (as
> opposed to a typical 9.50 UKP for the un-remastered versions). I don't
> know what the new Sabbath remasters are going for. If EMI want to rack up
> ANY decent numbers of sales the HW stuff will have to be mid-priced. I
> was going to get all 5 but now I might be looking at Space Ritual and just
> one other :-(

I've seen the Sabbath remasters going for a respectable 7-8 quid round
these parts. Some of the AC-DC remasters are going for about 6-7.

Tim

ObCD:  "JAM-J"  James vs. The Sabres of Paradise