HW: Hawks on the net

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Mar 15 13:41:16 EST 1996

Rudich, Robert A writes:

> With Al we got the better of the deal.  With Nik, I don't think so.  I'd
> rather hear from Dave, Richard, and Allan than give Nik a forum for his
> stuff.  Al left for good reasons, Nik sort of got kicked to the curb to
> crawl off.

hmmm - having met the guy and talked with him I'm not entirely convinced
about this.    My impression is that contributions from Nik would be both
highly intelligent and rather interesting!    Biassed, sure.   He's
more than prepared to express his opinion on practically everything!
and I doubt his opinion would necessarily be that of all the list
members here.   But while he may not have been the best thing for
Hawkwind in terms of stage performance and the thought of him dragging
the band into punk/acid jazz horrifies me, the point is that Brock and
Nik simply do not get on together at all and they've probably both
contributed to that situation.   Sadly, they'd probably spend their
entire time on the list winding each other up with flame wars if they
did subscribe  8-(

sigh

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk