HW: NOT AGAIN!!!!

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Sun Mar 17 12:32:28 EST 1996

> A few weeks ago I asked if the *Quark, strangeness & charm* ep
> was a good example of HW stuff.  The answer NO came from all
> corners of the globe.  And I believed this then and still do.
> But...
>
> ...this afternoon I stumbled upon another HW cd; *warrior on the
> edge of time*.  I thought "great, now I can have a chance to
> peek into the window of castle HW".  When I got home I loaded
> the disc into the player and immediatly got my first clue that
> something was amiss.  The cd case listed 12 tracks, the cd player
> only 8.
>
> Upon listening to it I found no relevance between the lyrics and
> the listed titles.
>
> Can any tell me what I have here?  listed below are the first lines
> from each track.

MR. ANSWER MAN HERE TO SET YOU STRAIGHT!!!

You have, sir, a copy of Pendragons' THE_WORLD, a fine bit of neo-prog.
Understandbly, you are probably miffed with this mix-up, but the CD
you have is quite nice and should be listened to! (Well, I like it,
anyways!)

> 1) was it you I saw standing naked
Real title: BACK IN THE SPOTLIGHT

> 2)long winding road/ where will you lead me
VOYAGER (favorite track!)

> 3) shame(?)...(something) get the pieces and start again
Close but no ceegar! SHANE

> 4) hatred in the world/ where did it all come from
HYMN

> 5) girl meets boy/ boy meets girl
> 6) on a rainy night in Zanadu
> 7) hang up your dancing shoes/ hide in that secret place
These are all portions of the 22-minute QUEEN OF HEARTS (second favorite,
especially the 2nd part/track6).

> 8) and we'll go hunting,dear (deer)
Damn near perfect! It's DEER

> I'd really like to know just what it is that I purchaced.
Pendragons' THE WORLD
> Is it HW or is it not?
No relation whatsoever.
> What are the *real* names of the tracks?
See above.
> Are all my attempts to journey into the world of HW going to
> end this way?
Dunno, how's yer karma otherwise?

> Whatever this cd actually is, I like it.  I just want to learn
> the nature of the beast.

This is probably Pendragons' most prog-gy effort. The others are a little
too poppish in nature, but still quite good.

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342      (404) 845-3404