OFF : Red Dwarf / Huddersfield / Blue Oyster Cult

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Mar 18 08:10:08 EST 1996

> In message <37C2C027017 at hawk.syr.edu>, "Ted O. Jackson"
> <TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU> writes
> >Imagine that!  Yet your own Nigel Tufnel, when asked to describe the
> >difference between American and European fans, said:  'The Americans
> >have better teeth.'
> >theo
>
> What is this thing Americans have with Brit's teeth? They've cracked a
> few funnies on The Simpsons about this....
>
> I'm a Brit and i've got a lovely smile....see :-))))
>

> --
> Jon Browne

Jon,
Your paranoia is showing!  I said 'Europeans' not specifically Brits,
but I supposed you all could be unceremoniously lumped together.  I
was equally shocked to read disparaging comments about American
hygine, when I thought it was a standing joke on the continent that
Americans are obsessive about personal cleanliness.  I think it has
something to do with flouridated water.  They don't do that in
Europe, do they?  Of course you can't drink the water there anyway,
so why waste time and money putting flouride in it?

I have no idea where this comes from, but I do know lots of Europeans
and generally, their teeth ARE fucked up--lots of bridgework,
dentures etc.  And these are relatively young people.  You just don't
see that many americans with major dental problems, though there are
certainly exceptions.  The flouride's the thing, I'm convinced,
though we hav esome extremists who claim it's a communist plot, etc,
that the flouride's poinoning us, etc.

dentally yours,
theo