BOTH: recent BOC, MM purchases

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Mar 18 08:54:39 EST 1996

>        - Blue Oyster Cult - "Bad Channels" soundtrack.
>        This is a 71:20 minute (on label) CD, still in the shrinkwrap, that
>        was so cheap I had to pick it up.  Can somebody out there in
>        BOC-land provide me with a brief description of this item, and its
>        comparative value?  Is this a FIND, or is this an "amusement"?  I
>        haven't even opened it yet...

        Well, _I_ like both the proper songs from BOC on there: "Demon's
Kiss" and "Horsemen Arrive" even if they are not stellar examples from
the BOC catalog--there's enough that are worse IMHO!  I understand from
posts on the boc Usenet group that this disc is at least a minor rarity
even now, so it's probably worth having picked up.

>        -  Monster Magnet Interview Disc, featuring Dave Wyndorf being
>        interviewed by Sean Yseult of White Zombie.

        Fascinating ...

>        This disc is divided into 22 trax, each about 1 to 3 minutes long,
>        of interview.  The relevant HW part is a quote from Dave when
>        answering a question from Sean:
>        Q: "What's your favorite record on hallucinagenics?"
>        A: "Hawkwind Space Ritual, which is a three-album set (sic).  It's
>        about 3 hours worth of, like primal space sludge, with Lemmy
>        playing bass on it.  Guaranteed to drive the most sane man, like,
>        right over the edge."
>        ROTFLMAO!!  ;^)

        :)

Cheers,