BOC: Buck in "GUANO"?

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Mar 18 13:07:15 EST 1996

> Forgive me if this is already in the FAQ but one of my profs told me that
> Buck Dharma played on a song for the band "Guano" in the '80s.  The hit song
> was called "I Want to Be a Lifeguard".  Kind of expands on the pop/surf
> influences we've all accused Buck of having ;)
>         Also he said that there's a song called "Heavy Metal Weekend" in which
> the words Blue Oyster Cult are yelled at one time or another.
>
> Anyone know more on this?
>
> Brian
> <Halligbt at bigvax.alfred.edu>

Brian,
Right church, wrong pew.  I believe you're thinking of the band
'Blotto,' from nearby Albany.  Then again, those guys were pretty
much bat-shit anyway, so you aren't too far off!  They were a
comedy/rock act, and pretty good musicians at that.  They all had the
last name Blotto, c.f. Bow Tie Blotto, Cheese Blotto, and the best--
Lee Harvey Blotto.  Wonder if they ever toured with the Dead
Kennedys?  They had a hillarious video of their tune 'Metalhead,'
with a guest appearance by Buck, looking befuddled.  I believe this
may be the song with the reference to BOC.  BTW, one of the Blottos
co-wrote the BOC song 'Dragon Lady' from Rev. By Night.  Sort of a
companion tune to 'I wanna be' would be 'She's Got a Big Boyfriend.'
You can imagine the lyrics: "She's got a big boyfriend...He lifts
weights, he builds cars, and he's got no sense of humor." Sorry for
any unintentional copyright infringements, etc...
theo