Off: CD cost breakdown

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Tue Mar 19 04:36:04 EST 1996

>         So, since most the CDs I buy have such incredibly pathetic
> distribution I can scarcely imagine people paying for it, no advertising
> or promotion to speak of, and no accompanying music videos, where's all
> that money going?  And what's this "Other" business?  Is this Doug
> Smith's cut?

*Other* IS taken by DS, but he doesn't keep it. Oh no. He has teams of
highly trained operatives who sneak into record company warehouses and
swap the HW and Pendragon CDs about. You thought Doug was in this for
himself didn't you? How naive, he's creating ultra-limited editions
for the folks of BOC-L to drool over :-)

Chris