astronomy - comet hyakutake - off topic

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Mar 20 13:10:10 EST 1996

Bryan Irby writes:

> with details, but it's going to be big and bright, and moving fast
> (enough to see it move) over the next few days, with max brightness
> (and size and speed) on monday.  It will be visible pretty much all
> night from the northern hemisphere starting sunday, and going through

yeah - but is it going to be bright enough to shine through 100% cloud
cover  8-(((

jill

Akcherly - if this comet *does* turn out to be visible then this'll
be the second wondrous heavenly sighting recently (viz some recent
"nacreous" cloud which set a lot of folk gossiping).   All we need is
a few falling fish or pigs (there's already been the wondrous sheep
birth of course) or Hawkwind to do a live gig and I'd say we were
well set up for the coming millenium.

>  Oh yeah, and there's also a lunar eclipse in two weeks.

full or partial?

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk