astronomy - comet hyakutake - off topic

Bryan Irby irby at CRUX.ASTR.UA.EDU
Wed Mar 20 20:54:02 EST 1996

> yeah - but is it going to be bright enough to shine through 100% cloud
> cover  8-(((
>
> jill

So you say you live in the UK?  I don't think I saw clear skies in
the entire time I was over there (approx 3 weeks), but it was in
June after all.

> a few falling fish or pigs (there's already been the wondrous sheep
> birth of course) or Hawkwind to do a live gig and I'd say we were
> well set up for the coming millenium.

How about a PFloyd reunion?  "When pigs fly"..?

> >  Oh yeah, and there's also a lunar eclipse in two weeks.
>
> full or partial?

I believe it's going to be nearly total where I am, which is about 33 deg
north.  But I could be mistaken...  Can't say what it will look like in
the UK, but I imagine it will at least be partial there.

-Bryan Irby
 irby at hera.astr.ua.edu
 irby at crux.astr.ua.edu

"The people of San Lorenzo", the father told me, "are interested in only
 three things: fishing, fornication, and Bokononism."

"Don't you think they could be interested in progress?"

"They've seen some of it.  There's only one aspect of progress that really
 excites them."

"What's that?"

"The electric guitar."

        -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., _Cat's Cradle_