OFF: EUR / USA

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Thu Mar 21 11:07:50 EST 1996

Jill sayz....
> I've heard say that the cleanest water you will find anywhere in the
> world is in New York but that this is primarily because by the time its
> been filtered, cleaned, purified, decontaminated and
> de-whateverelseified there is absolutely nothing left in it at all.

Actually, I'm guessing that the cleanest water in the world is in Antarctica
(as snow/ice, of course).  I work at a Polar Research Lab, and I know that it's
difficult to detect the particulate levels, as they're so close to the
background levels in the deionized Millipore-filtered water.  But I think you
were really referring to "city" water.

> On the other hand I've also heard say that London water has been through
> nine people by the time you drink it.....

Yummmmm.......

Keith H.